ANSWERS TO - TRY LATERAL THINKING ON THESE - XIII

Dear Friends,

Its beeen quite some time since I had been on my blog...

Due to my preoccupation on my research work had to be offfff...
Hopefully I'd be posting on a regular frequency hereafter.

The answers to the last post on LTOT XIII

a) 80 Km. If you have written down a whole page full of mathematical formulae, then you have probably been thinking in the wrong direction, (look at the non obvious thing - The terminal situation as in the case of wine with water). The two cars will meet each other after one hour, hence the bird has been flying for one hour. The bird has flown 80km when the cars meet.

b)They were two of a set of triplets (or quadruplets etc.) This simple little puzzle stumps many people. They try outlandish solutions involving test-tube babies or surrogate mothers. Why does the brain search for complex solutions when there is a much simpler one available?

No comments: